Reviewing Kentucky’s Online Lottery – PlayKyLottery.com
Across the United States, there are 10 states with online lotteries. By signing up for an account, you can play games on a desktop or mobile device. One of the more recent states to launch an online version of their retail games is Kentucky.
With a PlayKyLottery account, you can play all sorts of fun retail-type lottery games. You can also purchase tickets to enter the major national draw games, such as Powerball and Mega Millions. Here’s a little about the PlayKyLottery history, plus everything you need to know to get started winning your own big cash jackpots.
The Kentucky Online Lottery Review
Kentucky was one of the later states to begin a lottery operation. Lawmakers put legislation on the ballot for the November 1988 election. Kentucky’s voters approved it by more than a 60 percent margin.
The following April, the first PlayKyLottery tickets were sold. Kentucky reported over $5 million worth of sales in that first day alone. It consisted of only two available instant games at the time. The Beginner’s Luck was a $1 ticket, and the Kentucky Derby Dreamstakes cost $2.
Oddly enough, there is a lottery in Kentucky that can be traced back to 1792. It was a temporary lottery-type event to raise money to construct in Lexington. It would be nearly 100 years before the idea of an official state lottery would become a politically charged topic.
Wallace Wilkinson won the governorship in one of the biggest landslide victories in Kentucky history. One of his primary platforms was the creation of a state lottery. The incumbent Lieutenant Governor, Steve Beshear actually was against the idea at the time.
However, 20 years later the same Beshear would run a successful campaign to win the state’s governorship with a platform that supported legalizing all types of gambling in Kentucky. Kentucky waited roughly 20 years to the day to launch an online lottery.
The state legislators actually approved online lottery sales in 2013. However, the first online tickets were not sold until April 2016. The online version of the PlayKyLottery has attracted thousands of younger players.
Since the first tickets were sold on that record day in April 1989, the PlayKyLottery has infused over $5 billion into education. More than half of that money has helped Kentuckians pay for college costs.
In its four years of existence, PlayKyLottery has helped to increase these revenues dramatically. As the PlayKyLottery grows, you expect more exciting promotions and new entertaining games with big cash jackpot possibilities.
PlayKyLottery New Account Bonus Information
The PlayKyLottery offers a warm welcome to new accounts. Once you sign up for a PlayKyLottery account, you’ll be able to take advantage of this promotion. The offer is currently set to run until June 30.
Your first deposit during the promotional period will get you a 25 percent match. The maximum amount that the match applies is to $499 total deposit. Depositing this maximum amount will earn you $124.75 in Bonus Bucks.
You can put money into your Fun Club account using a credit/debit card or iFund/iGift at retail. Your deposit matching Bonus Bucks will show up in your Fun Club account after the transaction is complete.
You must spend this bonus on PlayKyLottery games online. Bonus Bucks cannot be withdrawn as cash, or used to purchase lottery games at a retail outlet.
Creating an Account with the PlayKyLottery
Registering for a PlayKyLottery account is easy. It will only take you a few minutes before you’re ready to play games and win money. Here’s a step-by-step guide for signing up for PlayKyLottery account. You will go to the manage profile page and create your profile by entering the following information.
- Enter your first name and last name
- Enter your email address and password and confirm both
- Enter your street address, city, and zip code
- Enter your phone number
- Use the drop-down windows to enter your birthday – you must be at least 18
- Enter the last four digits of your social security number
- Enter your gender
- Choose one security question for your account and answer that question
- Opt-in for email notifications and text message notices
- If you elect to receive text messages, include your mobile number
- Click the big blue SUBMIT button and you’re done
PlayKyLottery has various promotions. It’s a good idea to at least opt-in for email notifications of these chances at bonuses and free games. You can also visit the Promotions and Events tab on the right side of the main menu.
One great promotion is the 25 percent matching deposit bonus. Don’t miss out on that free opportunity. There is also the Super Cash Buster Giveaway. Every time you play the Super Cash Buster game you earn a chance to win a $100 gift card.
There will be three winners selected to receive a $100 VISA gift card. You can also join the PlayKyLottery Fun Club. All new Fan Club members who join during the promotional period get one entry. Twenty winners will gift package valued at $20. When you sign up for your new account, don’t forget to join the Fun Club.
Depositing Funds at PlayKyLottery
Once you’ve completed all the steps for your new PlayKyLottery account, it’s time to start winning some cash. You can play games for free, or watch demonstrations, but the fun is winning money. Here’s how to make a deposit into your PlayKyLottery account.
- Sign into your account
- On the main menu is the Make Deposit icon – click on it to open the deposit page
- Choose your deposit method – Debit cards, PayPal or ACH bank transfer
- Fill out the form with your card information and the amount of the deposit
- Minimum and maximum daily deposit limits are $10 and $100
- Review your transaction and click SUBMIT
- You will see a confirmation of payment with a big Let’s Play button
- Click on this button and you’re ready to win
How to Claim Prize Winnings
So, when you win money on the PlayKyLottery what do you have to do to get your hands on it? Thankfully, they’ve created a simple process for winners to get their cash.
Draw game prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the draw date. You must collect winnings for scratch-off games that are discontinued within 180 days of the game ending. Here are the steps for claiming prizes at the PlayKyLottery.
- The first thing to understand is that all online winnings at the PlayKyLottery up to $600 can be credited to your account.
- If you win more than $600, just download, complete, and then print off a Prize Claim Form.
- For prize amounts from $600 up to $5,000, take your completed form to an Authorized Cashing Agent, a regional office, or the main headquarters in Louisville.
- Follow the same process for prizes from $5,000 up to $25,000. The only difference is that you will need to make an appointment at the main headquarters ahead of time.
- Prize claims from $25,000 up to $99,999 can be made at the Lexington Regional Office or the main headquarters. An appointment must be made.
- All prize claims over $100,000 must be taken to the main Kentucky Lottery Headquarters in Louisville.
Games at the PlayKyLottery
PlayKyLottery has an excellent variety of games. Many are online versions of scratch-off matching games you can purchase at a physical retailer. Here are a few of the most popular PlayKyLottery online games.
- Let’s Play Keno – This is a wildly popular game on many online lotteries. At PlayKyLottery you can win every four minutes. Just pick 10 numbers and match them against the 20 numbers that will be drawn.
It’s like a combination of draw games and bingo. You can manually pick your numbers or use a quick pick. You select the amount you want to play and how many consecutive draws you want. Play the multiplier and Bulls-Eye to win even more money.
- Break Fort Knox – This is a special game starting in June to dedicate the Kentucky Lottery’s 20 anniversary. This is a scratch-off game with a top jackpot of $250,000. There will be five top jackpots awarded.
- $25, $50, $100 Blowout – Blowout might not seem like a big payout type of game. However, there are so many payouts, this is a serious chance at winning some cash. There are over 600,000 $25 winners in the game. Over 50,000 tickets will payout $100.
- Champion Raceway – This is the perfect game for the Bluegrass State, home of the Kentucky Derby. You pick five out of eight horses and then cheer as they race around the fictional track. If one of your horses crosses the finish line first, you could be up to $120,000 richer.
- Emoti Collect – This is a highly entertaining game using emoticons. You spin a wheel and then sit back and watch emoticons match up and fill the emoticon meter. Star Symbols win a prize instantly. You can win up to $125,000 in matching emoticons.
- Cats ‘N’ Dogs – If you love your pets, you’ll have a lot of fun playing this game. You get six cat and dog symbols. If you can reveal three of your lucky fuzzy friends, you’ll win the noted prize. Cats ‘N’ Dogs has a possible jackpot prize of up to $75,000.
PlayKyLottery Online Website and Mobile App Review
The PlayKyLottery website uses an easy-to-read and orderly page layout. The top header has the Kentucky Lottery logo on the left side, with quick login text boxes in full view. You can quickly check winning numbers, join the Fun Club, or read about where the money goes without scrolling an inch.
The main menu is a bold blue background accenting large white text. Each option is nicely spaced, with a drop-down tab for draw games. You can navigate your way quickly to scratch-off games or instant play.
There is a direct menu link to winners, plus promotions and events. The final option on the right-hand side is a complete drop-down for customer service. This makes getting answers to your questions fast and simple.
Games are listed in a gallery-style format. You can click play, go through a test demonstration, or click on the information icon to read about how to play. Let’s finish with a few pros and cons we found for the PlayKyLottery website and mobile app.
- Excellent selection of fun and exciting instant games
- Prize awards up to $600 can go instantly into your PlayKyLottery account
- There is a quick tab on the menu for promotions and events, but you can also have them sent via email or text message
- PlayKyLottery.com has a larger variety of draw games than many online lotteries
- It’s difficult to return to the main list of games from a demonstration or play pop-up window
- All cash prizes over $600 must be picked up with a complete prize claim form at a physical location
Kentucky Online Lottery Games with the Biggest Prizes
There are dozens of exciting games at PlayKyLottery.com. Most have jackpot prize amounts of up to thousands of dollars. Of course, the big national draw games like Powerball and Mega Millions will turn you into a millionaire in an instant. Here are some other games that can change your wealth in the blink of an eye.
- Money Strike – This is one of PlayKyLottery’s quickest ways to win big cash. You’ll get two bags of money, which reveal your lucky numbers. There are 10 piles of cash in the middle of the game piece. Match any revealed number to your lucky numbers and you could win as much as $100,000.
- Celtic Clouds – You fly through the clouds over an Emerald Isle in search of gold If you uncover three or more Lucky Gold Coins behind your Clouds, you win the noted prize. More coins equal bigger prizes. The Luck of the Irish will get you a Pot of Gold and an instant prize.
- Multiply the Cash – This game has a huge jackpot. If you play your multipliers right, you could win as much as $300,000. You will try to match your numbers to the lucky numbers, Matches win the prize. A Multiplier Symbol multiplies the cash instantly.
- Wheel of Fortune on the Road – This game adds an interesting twist to an online lottery favorite. Wheel of Fortune® On The Road is a match game. Match a winning number to your number, and you’re a winner. Multipliers win bonus prizes. You could win up to $300,000 on the Wheel of Fortune® Bonus Wheel.
- Lucky for Life – We’ve skipped the huge national draw games, because we know they offer millions of dollars in winnings. Lucky For Life is a Kentucky Lottery draw game. You pick five numbers plus a lucky ball. Hit the numbers and you be lucky for the rest of your life to the tune of $1,000 every day.
Contacting the PlayKyLottery
PlayKyLottery has one of the more detailed customer service options. Not only is contact us information readily available, but there is also an entire drop-down menu from the main menu dedicated to Customer Service. You can find retailers or cashing agents.
There are also instructions for claiming prizes, directions to Kentucky Lottery offices, plus information for protecting your privacy. You can contact the corporate headquarters in Louisville using the provided mailing address.
There is a dedicated customer service phone line, plus you can send questions to the Kentucky Lottery office using email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions about the PlayKyLottery
- What happens if you forget your PlayKyLottery login information?
- Can you temporarily or permanently opt out of the PlayKyLottery Fan Club account?
- What draw game tickets can you buy online at PlayKyLottery.com?
- Who plays using PlayKyLottery.com?
- Are the funds in a PlayKyLottery account safe?
- How does PlayKyLottery.com prevent minors from playing online?
- If you have a PlayKyLottery account, must you download an app to play?
What happens if you forget your PlayKyLottery login information?
If you forgot only your password, you can follow the instructions on the convenient Problems Logging in page. There you can reset your password. However, if you cannot remember your username, you should call Kentucky Lottery customer service at 877-789-4532.
Can you temporarily or permanently opt out of the PlayKyLottery Fan Club account?
Yes. You can put a temporary or permanent self-exclude on your account. This will prohibit you from using your Fan Club account. You can also deactivate the Fan Club account. Self-exclusion is temporary, but a permanent deactivation will close your account.
What draw game tickets can you buy online at PlayKyLottery.com?
Both national draw game tickets, Powerball and Mega Millions are sold at PlayKyLottery.com. They also have other draw games. You can buy tickets online for Lucky for Life, Cash Pop, Five Card Cash, plus Pick 4 and Pick 3 daily games.
Who plays using PlayKyLottery.com?
Research statistics published by the Leger Group showed that nearly 70 percent of Kentuckians had played the lottery in some form during the six-month period of the study. Over half of those played using the PlayKyLottery website or mobile app.
Are the funds in a PlayKyLottery account safe?
Yes. The money you deposit in your PlayKyLottery account is exactly like depositing money into a bank account. While you cannot withdraw deposited funds, all monies deposited through PlayKyLottery are held in a separate bank account with FDIC insurance.
How does PlayKyLottery.com prevent minors from playing online?
The registration process for a PlayKyLottery account requires a date of birth, address, and the last four digits of a social security number. These numbers can be cross-referenced to prove identity. It is a criminal offense to allow someone under 18 to use your PlayKyLottery account.
If you have a PlayKyLottery account, must you download an app to play?
No. To play on a desktop or tablet, all you need is a PlayKyLottery account. You don’t even need to sign up for anything additional to use the PlayKyLottery app, as long as you register for a Fun Club membership.